Keynote: Inclusion Matters
Do you really behave inclusively?
- Do you know the difference between a good leader and an inclusive leader?
- Can you trust your brain to make quality decisions?
- Can you overcome your unconscious biases and blind spots?
- Do you recognize the impact of your Affinity biases?
- Are you aware of the impact unconscious bias has on productivity, employee engagement and innovation/creativity?
- Do you realize that your unconscious biases are a liability for employee and customer relationships?
- Do you understand the wasted energy expended when people feel the need to “cover” or “fit in”?
- Do you know if implicit biases can be unlearned?
Being inclusive seems like an obvious and easy thing to do and yet we continue to face significant challenges on our journey towards embedding inclusion in our organizations. Employees can feel excluded for a myriad of reasons – ranging from the small and seemingly insignificant gesture or glance by a boss/leader, to bigger issues such as being overlooked for a promotion. Well-intentioned people make business decisions every day that favor some individuals or groups more than others. The quality of our day to day business decisions is impacted by our propensity for affinity bias, our blind spots and unconscious biases and this in turn plays a part in how inclusive we are individually and collectively perceived to be. Dr. Turnbull’s Keynote, “Inclusion Matters” uses a blend of humor, relevant anecdotal stories and proven research from her own Assessment tools to demonstrate why we need to pay more attention to the complexity of inclusion and the impact unconscious bias has on the quality of our decisions.
Custom Design considerations:
We custom design our Keynotes, by taking time in an iterative and collaborative process to work closely with you to ensure we meet the needs of your organization and your leaders.
We use extensive global research from Human Facets Unconscious Bias and Inclusion assessment results. These results are gathered from a variety of industries, geographies and diverse groups and add rich and compelling measurements to the business case for inclusion.
We also use an ARS Audience Response system to poll live data from the group throughout the workshop and will custom design the questions to ensure the message is on target for your leaders/workshop participants.
For further information please contact Scott Cabrera at firstname.lastname@example.org